5.24.2006

Carpet Wrestling

Okay - I know that most of you don't care but I want this to be THE ultimate source on our remodel. So here is one more thing about carpet and linoleum. (Trust me, it seems like I'm much more obsessed with flooring than I really am.)

One day, mid-December (2004), We went and helped some friends who were doing a pretty intense remodel. They were just doing finishing touches, including refinishing their floors. So of course we thought...Oh we can do that! (oooh, that attitude gets us in so much trouble.) So we went home and took up the carpet in the bedroom. Instead of a pad we found older carpet underneath (probably a big factor in allergies my hubby had been suffering) and under that, of course, linoleum. It had come up so easily in the living room that we got started immediately on the stuff in the bedroom. We actually thought we would be sanding the floors that weekend!!

So now, a year and a half later, we have about a fifth of the lino scrapped up in the bedroom and have decided to take up all the old wood and put in new wood. Live and learn!

Anyway - here is a picture of Mr. Tough Guy wrestling with the carpet.















And me in my oh so cute breathing mask and my sexy grey sweats. (Go Vandals!)

No comments: